What to wear to aerial classes?
- Aerial students can purchase our branded training singlets and leggings from the front desk. Not compulsory.
- Acrobatic students can purchase branded crop tops and shorts from the front desk. Not compulsory.
- We recommend long training tights and a comfortable fitted top or leotard.
- Hair tied is to be tied back before entering class
- Bare feet are essential
- No jewellery, watches or sharp items on clothing are allowed in class.
Can I pay for the term and get a discount?
- Yes!! There is an early bird discount of 10% if you pay in full by week 2.
How do we pay?
- All enrolments are ongoing and are facilitated via ezidebit, please ask our academy manager for your activation forms.
If you would like the early bird discount a full term payment via direct debit will be made through ezidebit in week 2 of each term.
- The teaching of Aerial Acrobatics has been designed by the founder of Aerial Angels, Miss Susan Porrett. The program is a level program. Level 1 is the entry level, Level 2, Level 3 and then into the advanced and Elite Teams.
When can my child move up a level?
- Our students are assessed by their teachers on a weekly basis and once the child has completed the learning of the skills given in a safe and capable manner, they will be moved into the next class. All students will receive a certificate to take home for their accomplishment.
- Elite teams have only 8 students per class and consist of students who have excelled in all areas of aerial training. The class is invitation only.
Does ballet help?
- Ballet assists with aerial as it enhances the students leg and arm lines and also encourages poise and grace within transitions. All aerial students are entitled to 50% off ballet classes term fees.
Why do the children sit down in class?
- This question would be our most frequently asked.In the level classes, there is a good amount of ‘sit, watch & listen’ time especially, in Level 1 & 2.
To be able to teach the art of Aerial Acrobatics, the teacher needs to talk with the students in great detail about their skills. The student also must visualise it by watching their teacher or fellow students. This is to assist in the early stages of aerial awareness. In simple terms, this is how we teach the student to know where they are when upside down.
Who are my teachers?
- The teachers are the professional Aerial Angels Team and have a minimum of 5 years in training. They perform all over the world. They teach at the academy in between their shows and contracts. You can learn more about the teachers here on our website.
Who are the assistants?
- The assistants are the students from our Elite classes with a minimum of 2 years training. They are a dedicated team who have shown the skills for future teaching.
Is there an Academy yearly show for my child to participate in?
- Yes, there is!! Every year in September the Academy puts on a lavish production called “SPECTACULAR” at the Gold Coast Arts Centre. The students that participate in this are selected bases on skill and development. This is simply due to the aerial awareness and safety that the students must be at before performing on a stage in front of a crowd.
Can I watch my child in class?
- Show & Tell For all classes – Parents and family members are welcome at the end of each term to come into our training rooms and enjoy a showcase of their child’s progress. Please see reception for more details on your class’ Show & Tell. Please note the dance room has a viewing window which is available to parents all year round.
- Aerial Acrobatics is not just for children, it’s for Adults too!Aerial training develops the core muscles like nothing else, think Pilates in the air but with a lot more fun!
Where can I see the Aerial Angels perform?
- The best way to keep up to date with our shows, imagery and hot gossip is to become a Facebook and Instagram fan as we do all our promotions in this forum.
Can my child have a private class?
- The answer is yes. You can organise this at reception. The private class is a one on one with an Aerial Angel. We estimate the 1 hour private is equivalent to 3 weeks of training for your child. An absolute must if your child is developing insecurities with tricks OR if you want your child to move up levels faster.
Do you do FREE trial classes?
- Yes. This allows us the chance to assess the child to ensure we put them in the correct class for their ability. It also gives the child a chance to try the class and ensure they love it!
If my child is unable to attend class due to illness are they able to attend another class to makeup for the missed one?
- Yes, makeup classes must be taken within the term, there are several classes your child will have access to. Please advise our academy manager when your child is attending their makeup class.
What will child expect to do at an Aerial Angels class?
- All of our Aerial Angels classes commence with a comprehensive warm-up to stretch their muscles and keep them warm whilst doing so.
Our teachers will then take the students through a strength and conditioning circuit based on the skills required in class.
The class will then focus on a variety of skills training dependant on the class your child is in and the apparatus the teacher would like to focus on.
How to stay in contact?
- The best way to keep up to date with our shows, imagery and hot gossip is to become a Facebook fan as we do all our promotions in this forum. For the Academy – “Aerial Angels Academy” For the professional performances – “Aerial Angels Australia”
Can I buy my own equipment?
- Aerial Angels designs and manufactures all kinds of rated aerial equipment. Enquires for this can be made at reception OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Is it fun?
- AA policy is ‘Fun and Fitness’ so all classes have elements of fun and games. Whatever the age group, we keep the laughs rolling in!